Trump won a Presidential election, Britain voted to leave the EU, Facebook finally allowed us not to have to ‘like’ everything and…
all the major social media networks platforms have changed the way we consume media! Over the course of the last 12 months developments in technology have altered news-feeds rather dramatically and content producers have quickly adapted their strategies to stay ahead of competition and capitalise on new opportunities.
The importance of visual content, particularly video and live-streaming, has been emphasised by these changes with large brands and corporations all searching for the best and most effective way to interact with their audiences.
With technology advancing at such a fast pace and platforms being updated, I’ve collated the 17 most important video marketing statistics for 2017 to keep in mind whilst developing your marketing strategy for 2017.
1) By 2017, video content will represent 74% of all internet traffic.
2) 51% of B2B marketers prioritized creating visual content assets in 2016 this is set to increase throughout 2017.
Beat the Competition to it!
3) A significant 60% of marketers use video in their
marketing and 73% plan on increasing their use of video.
4) 50% of marketers plan on using live video services such as Facebook Live and Periscope, and 50% want to learn more about live video.
Your Consumers Will Love You…
5) 59 percent of executives would rather watch video than read text while four times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product then read about it.
6) Social video generates 1200 percent more shares than text and images combined.
Educate Your Customers
7) 74 percent of users who watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service subsequently bought it and 77 percent of consumers say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a video.
8) 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video according to Forbes.
Video is Taking Over!
9) by 2019, global consumer internet video traffic will account for 80 percent of all consumer internet traffic.
Engage Your Audience
10) Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139%.
Product Video ROI
11) Product videos can increase product purchases on an online store by 144 percent.
Generate More Inquiries
12) Real estate / Property listings that include a video receive 403% more inquiries than those without.
Keep it Short!
13) 45% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% by 2 minutes, according to Visible Measures.
Short is Sweet!
14) 30 second in-stream mobile video ads have an 88.3% completion rate according to Rhythm OneInsights.
15) 42% of businesses who don’t currently use video, say they plan to in the future.
16) Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
Be Original & Get Noticed!
17) 80 percent of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.